Tuesday, January 31, 2012

He's 5

Last Thursday, my big man turned another year older.

I kinda feel like it's a big deal.  #3 and #4, not so much a problem.

#5?  It feels big.  Probably because "5" translates to "kindergartener."

Thank goodness September doesn't come for 8 more months!

Drew woke up on his birthday and was smothered with kisses and "Happy Birthday"s - and he very adamantly declared, "I'm not five until I open my presents."

Well, let's get on that, then, huh?

He opened gifts from us and from Grammy & Papa, and it was awesome.  
He was genuinely excited for every gift, and it showed on his face.

Take a look...







His big gift this year is a new bike.  I scored a sweet deal prior to the holidays and I couldn't pass it up.  Besides, it was time.  I think he's ready to learn, although he looked a little nervous sitting on it in the living room.  I guess it's a benefit for him that his birthday is in January and we have a couple more months before we'll head outside with it!   


And as per our tradition of having the birthday boy pick his place for dinner on his big day - well, I don't think I need to tell you where we went. :)



 I'd be excited too if I got custard AND cupcakes on the same day!

Blowing out those candles with a little help from the guy on the left. :)

We had a truly awesome day.

And I still can't believe he's five.
Five.
Five.
FIVE.

Nope.  Doesn't get any easier to say.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment