Thursday, November 24, 2011

We Are Thankful

During the month of November, we've been {attempting to} concentrate on our blessings. We have much to be thankful for, and I wanted to take some time this month to be intentional about helping the boys recognize and name their blessings.  In comes our Thankful Tree.  I've seen several different versions of gratitude projects online, and when I came across this one, I thought it would be the most workable for our family.  It was easy to put together - the boys and I walked up the street one afternoon to collect a few branches, and then I arranged them in a jar.  We knocked out some leaves on my Cricut, and put it all on the dining room table.  My intent was to have each of us write on our leaves at dinner, and it usually happened, although not always.

Reed always said "I thank you for....Grammy & Papa!"  He's still a tish on the young side for this project, although being thankful for Grammy & Papa is a good start!  He would sometimes go on to list other members of our family, and then usually repeat whatever Drew said.

Drew was pretty good at this exercise, and enjoyed writing on his leaves.  Here are a few of his that are my favorites:
 







Please know that we are very thankful for each and every one of you, who have continued to support, love, encourage and pray for us.  We love you, and we celebrate Thanksgiving today with you on our minds and in our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. I just pinned this! I love that you actually do the things you see which totally inspires me! :-)

    ReplyDelete